Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sunday Conference

Sunday was cloudy and cooler, appropriate for staying inside and watching general conference on television. Between sessions and afterwards cleaning projects were underway. Amanda cleaned her gerbil's cage.

Amanda and her gerbil cage

Rachel and Lauren worked on cleaning their bathroom and the kitchen.

Lauren scrubbing the bathroom floor

Rachel wiping up the bathroom counter

Meanwhile Amanda starts the 5th Harry Potter book

Rachel and Lauren decide that Karaoke goes well with cleaning the bathroom

Lauren and Rachel filling the dishwasher


After the cleaning up, everyone got extra chips. Sam and I got into an "Oh, man!" contest. Sam likes to say "Oh, man!" on a variety of occasions. If I say "Oh, man!" back we get into a series of "Oh, man!"s. If I drop the ball Sam says "Your turn, Your turn" until I relent. The weather had improved, and we went outside.


Samantha climbed up the ladder and went down the slide by herself

These two are definitely up to something

Rachel and Lauren twisting together

Finally at the end of the day everyone gathers on mom and dad's bed to watch "The Other Side of Heaven," the story of a missionary in Tonga with Anne Hathaway.

Everybody's watching but Amanda who has been taken captive by Harry Potter

It has been a wonderful visit. I got some precious time with each of the Martins. It will be hard to leave. Not only that but I have brushed up on my technique on diaper changing, large scale laundry, running the dishwasher 4 times a day and story reading. We read Frog and Toad stories, The Man Who Couldn't Read, The Magic Grinder, The Nutcracker and many others. Emily and Aaron were on WOW again for a little while with Andrew and Jen.

No comments: